Tender chunks of beef cooked in a rich savory sauce makes a classic dish that will feed a famished family. Serve with rich or egg noodles and a crisp green salad.
- 2 pounds Creekstone Farms beef chuck, trimmed of fat and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can beef broth
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- One 8 oz package cream cheese
- One 8 oz container sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tb chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- Wide noodles or rice to serve
- Mix beef, onion, mushrooms, mushroom soup, beef broth, red wine, thyme, and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until beef is tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese and sour cream and mix until cream cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with cooked noodles or rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.